The Valley Hospital has been named one of the top hospitals in New Jersey by doctors and patients as reported by Inside Jersey magazine. The list appears in the magazine’s April issue.
The magazine joined with Castle Connolly, a healthcare research and information company, to ask New Jersey doctors to name the top hospitals for overall care and for specific conditions. Inside Jersey also worked with IPRO, an independent not-for-profit health care consulting organization, to present post-discharge ratings of New Jersey hospitals by patients.
Among hospitals with more than 350 beds, Valley was named by doctors as among the top five in the state in the following categories:
· Top Hospitals Overall
· Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Breast Cancer
· Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
· Top Hospitals for Bypass Surgery
· Top Hospitals for Hip and Knee Repairs
· Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure
· Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Strokes
· Top Hospitals for High-risk Pregnancies
· Top Hospitals for Pain Management
Valley was also listed among the Top Hospitals for the treatment of Neurological Disorders, ranking 6th in the state.
Inside Jersey also reported that among hospitals with more than 350 beds, New Jersey patients ranked The Valley Hospital as No. 1 in the state for communication with doctors, and No. 2 for overall patient satisfaction, cleanliness and communication with nurses.
“I am delighted that physicians and our patients gave us such high marks,” said Audrey Meyers, Valley’s President and CEO. “It’s a testament to the priority Valley staff and physicians place on achieving the highest-quality clinical outcomes, while delivering the most compassionate care.”