If you have Medicare medical insurance you are eligible to receive a free annual wellness visit to assess your current health, identify risk factors and develop a personalized prevention plan.
During the wellness visit your healthcare provider will perform a health risk assessment. The visit will also include:
- A review of your medical and family history;
- Developing or updating a list of current providers and prescriptions;
- Height, weight, blood pressure and other routine measurements;
- Personalized health advice; and
- A personalized prevention plan letting you know which health screenings and other preventive services you need.
There is no co-pay for the wellness visit. However, if your doctor or other healthcare provider performs additional tests or services during the same visit that aren’t covered under this preventive benefit, you may have to pay coinsurance and your deductible may apply.
Call your primary care physician today to inquire about scheduling your annual wellness visit. If you do not have a primary care doctor, click here
to find a Valley Medical Group practice near you.